flyedelweiss.com uses the myclimate flight API to calculate carbon emissions of their flights. The passengers are able to inspect the emissions caused by their flight and may contribute to climate protection while buying their ticket. The climate protection contribution is tightly integrated into the booking process of Edelweiss and only takes the passengers a few clicks. There is no need to visit an external website and enter the same information multiple times (e.g. payment data).
Using myclimate APIs allows a flexible integration in any of your applications. Among other information, every calculation API returns the emissions and the price for an according climate protection contribution.
As an example, the common integration in travel software is outlined below:
- Our partner's software sells flights, car travels or cruises.
- For every such travel, our partner's software calls the myclimate API. In the case of flights, the departing as well as the destination airport need to be provided to the API. More optional parameters are available such as number of passengers or flight class. The API then calculates the carbon emissions and returns them along with the price. These returned values can be cached up to one month, so that it is not necessary to call the myclimate API again for the same input parameters.
- Our partner's software displays the carbon emissions and the price for an according climate protection contribution to the user.
- The user is able to contribute to climate protection within the partner's software.
- Our partner's software stores all booked contributions and the linked payments.
- Regularly, our partner transmits a list of all contributions to myclimate. The list is anonymous and does thus not contain any person identifiable information.
- myclimate sends an invoice to the partner.